LC connectors are available in a simplex and duplex arrangement. The simplex connectors are suitable for termination to buffered fiber while maintaining proper bend radius requirements in tight spaces.
LC male connectors use the familiar RJ style latch found on balanced copper twisted pair plugs and of course are available in singlemode and multimode.
Let's check out some of the advantages:
- It is available as a simplex connector that can be converted to a duplex connector using a clip.
- It is keyed, low loss, pull proof, and wiggle proof.
- It can be terminated quickly in many different ways, including quick-cure adhesive, cleave and crimp, and hot melt.
- It features SFF design, suitable for high density applications.
- The LC connector and adapters are commonly used in network equipment transceivers.
Numerous application standards recognize the use of simplex and duplex LC style connectors and adapters such as fiber distributed data interface (FDDI), Fibre Channel, broadband integrated services digital network (ISDN), and asynchronous transfer mode (ATM). Gigabit Ethernet also allows the use of SFF connectors.
Need more fiber optic information? Check out other post on our blog and our YouTube Channel.
"By Mercy Salinas"